Your local Citizens Advice is here for you
Our Advisers continue to work, just from home and are waiting to help you by phone and email.
Citizens Advice Stroud and Cotswold Districts are here to give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward in these difficult times.
Many residents have contacted us about benefits, employment, debt, relationships and other issues. Our highly trained advisers are keeping up to date on a daily basis with all the changes in the law and guidance due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Here are some of the things we have already helped clients with:
• Checking entitlement to benefits and advising how to make benefit claims – we know that many people are eligible for help but are struggling to know what assistance is available.
• Advising on employment options. Many residents’ work has been affected by the Coronavirus pandemic and the guidance from the government has changed frequently.
• Advising on options when they were struggling to pay their bills. Please do get in touch at the earliest opportunity as we can help you make sure that your situation is resolved as quickly as possible.
• Signposting and referring to other sources of help, such as the Foodbank and other local charities.
• Helping with energy problems, including how to top up pre-payment meters.
• Advising on relationship difficulties and what options are available.
We are also aware that fraudsters are taking advantage of the crisis – we can help you check if something is a scam.
Please call us on 0808 500 0510 or 0808 500 0511 Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm (free from landlines and most mobiles) or visit https://www.citizensadvice-stroudandcotswold.org.uk/stroud-cab-email-advice.php to email your enquiry to us.
If you are looking for advice on consumer issues (e.g. issues related to products or services you've purchased) you can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133.